Facing the Music (podfic) -- podfic by blackglass (aka xdiorix) story by graycardinal
"No, worlds music, with an S."
(Or "How Xander was bounced around the multiverse by his MP3 playlist.")
- Current Location:cloud nine or thereabouts
- Current Mood: amused
- Current Music:multiple
challenge #118: genderswap
Someone isn't the gender they were in canon-- either canon. Why? How? Or do you just want to show their altered self/selves in action? Write exactly 100 or 200 words for the prompt. Use whatever means or explanation you please; be creative and have fun. Any crossover touching the greater Buffyverse (Buffy, Angel, Fray, and/or the comic seasons) is welcome, but please post each drabble behind a cut, and tag your posts appropriately.
This challenge will run until APRIL 15.
There's one left over from last year....
And here's the assembled 2012 Drabblefest Winners' Request List:
- faithburke: SG-1/HP. Bra'tac/McGonagall. "A romance that the students of Hogwarts will never, ever forget. (It's a good thing cats don't blush)" - 3,000 + 2,100 words.
- tvashti: - B:tVS/ST XI. Oz: "Vulcans aren't always the coolest heads in battle." 2,200 words.
- beer_good_foamy: B:tVS/Terminator:SCC, Buffybot & Cameron, "We're very pretty." - 1,200 words.
- avamclean: B:tVS/Stargate SG-1, Buffy Summers & Daniel Jackson, "The most powerful are always the most stubborn." - 1,100 words.
- kerrykhat: B:tVS/ST XI, Buffy/McCoy with the prompt: (I Won't Say) I'm In Love. - 2,000 words.
- jerseyfabulous: Either a continuation of one of my B:tVS/CSI 'verses, or either or both of the Summers sisters meeting Spock and/or McCoy (B:tVS/ST XI) - 3,500 words.
- maevebran: Either a sequel to symptoms of peculiar regard (B:tVS/Leverage); or more of the Watered With Blood universe - 1,000 words.
- earcmacfithil: Either a fight between "closet BAMF" Giles and Eliot Spencer (B:tVS/Leverage), or "The crew of the Black Pearl failed to lift their curse and the ship is still plying the waters of the Caribbean in the late 20th century. They take Cordelia as a hostage." (B:tVS/POTC) - 1,100 words.
- graycardinal: More of either Closing Pandora's Box, with Alexis talking to Martha or Beckett about it (Castle/PJO); or Where No Sorcerer Has Gone Before, with Balthazar meeting Jim or Uhura (Sorcerer's Apprentice/ST XI) - 900 words.
- beatrice_otter: Angel/HP: more of either the Polaris Wyndham-Pryce or Unexpected Connections universes - 1,500 words.
- kerravonsen: Give Severus Snape a happy ending while zapping him into either the ST:Reboot universe or the Star Wars universe - 1,400 words.
Here are your instructions:
1.) Pick one (1) or two (2) fandoms-- and, heck, I'm not going to list them all out again. I'll be generous and say, anything I've committed more than 1000 words in over the last twelve months.
2.) Name one (1) character or one (1) pairing of any type.
3.) Give me a brief prompt or phrase. (You may specify "do not includes" also, but try to keep the list short; and I don't do NC-17 or incest at all.) Or-- you may ask for a one-shot connected to any of my eligible-fandom past works.
My available roster of fic is at the AO3. (The fandom list at the top of the profile page is especially handy for sorting purposes, if you're looking for favorites or checking which fandoms are eligible. )
Any questions or concerns? Feel free to ask. But get those requests in ASAP!
Thanks to kerravonsen, tvashti, avamclean, jerseyfabulous, maevebran, beer_good_foamy, kerrykhat, and graycardinal for playing.
challenge amnesty will continue for the next week; but the competition is done!
For lo, I am back from my birthday and pleased with your fictive offerings. *grin* We have 11 winners this year, who have earned a combined 18,000 words! So, start thinking about what you might want to request. Whatever you ask for must be a one-shot, though it can be set in the 'verse of one of my previous fic, if you want.
Your request should include: (1) one character or pairing; (2) one prompt/phrase; and (3) one fandom or cross of fandoms. I'll put the request post up later today.
I'm currently willing to write in any fandom(s) from the following list: Buffy/Angel-verse; Stargate SG-1/Atlantis; Firefly/Serenity; Eureka; Star Trek XI; Fast and the Furious series; Leverage; The Mummy/Mummy Returns; The Dresden Files; Falling Skies; Person of Interest; Terra Nova; or Grimm. (Anything else, you could try convincing me, but I give no guarantees.)
I don't do NC-17, or incest. Just about anything else is fair game. Ask here if you have questions. If you're going with a previous 'verse, my available roster of fic is most easily sorted through at the AO3.
( Here are the final standings:Collapse )
fandom: Terra Nova
disclaimer: The words are mine; the worlds are not.
notes: Spoilers specifically for TN 1.6 "Bylaw" and 1.7 "Nightfall", with bits from further episodes. These drabbles complete the series. They end before the season does; but the stories I want to tell after this point can't be reduced to this format. So. More later; but this is it for now.
title: Psychological Warfare
word count: 200
challenge: #74 - lost in translation
( She tracked the Sixers until they cut Shannon loose, then broke cover.Collapse )
title: Devil in the Details
word count: 200
challenge: #106 - it isn't what it looks like
( She didn't want to rock the boat further-- or distract from the investigation-- without proof.Collapse )
title: Turning the Tide
word count: 200
challenge: #95 - swifter, higher, stronger
( Nate studied his aunt, arms crossed, as everyone else scattered to his orders.Collapse )
title: All Together Now
word count: 200
challenge: #85 - making do
( Buffy had done some short-sighted things at that age herself.Collapse )
And now the conclusion....
#4 (#104) • “Little Fuzzy Animals”
Title: "Litle Fuzzy Animals"
Challenge: #78/#104 (so long, farewell...) - amnesty
Fandom: Smallville/Velveteen Vs. [see Notes]
Spoilers: None of significance. Occurs midway or so into the Smallville run (before Lex has gone totally over the edge) and following the latest entries in the "Velveteen" saga.
Disclaimer: Smallville belongs to DC and Warner Bros.; Velveteen and friends belong to Seanan McGuire; the drabble belongs to me.
( “The security footage shows you teleporting onto my front lawn. Collapse )
#5 (#75) • “Waltzing With Bears”
Title: "Waltzing with Bears"
Challenge: #78/#75 (small favor) - amnesty
Fandom: Velveteen Vs./Incryptid
Spoilers: None of significance. Occurs following the latest entries in the "Velveteen" saga. (See particularly "Velveteen Presents: Victory Anna vs. All These Stupid Parallel Worlds".)
Disclaimer: Both Velveteen and friends and the Incryptid universe belong to Seanan McGuire (for the latter, see the just-released book Discount Armageddon); the drabble belongs to me.
( Velveteen found them a café.Collapse )
#6 (#116) • “Home on the Range”
Title: "Home on the Range"
Challenge: #78/#116 (home sweet home) - amnesty
Disclaimer: The Incryptid universe belongs to Seanan McGuire (see the just-released book Discount Armageddon); the Jossverse belongs to Hollywood; the drabble belongs to me.
( Over more coffee, Verity listened.Collapse )
( NotesCollapse )The Velveteen Vs. universe is a series of online stories by Seanan McGuire. Offering a complete listing is somewhat complicated by the fact that the stories appear in three distinct places: Seanan's dedicated Web site, her professional Livejournal, and her unofficial fannish Livejournal (note that this last includes both Velveteenish and non-Velveteenish things, owing to the state of the tags Over There). [With respect to the fannish LJ, it's also appropriate to note that while it is in no way a Big Secret, references to it are not and should not be made on the professional LJ in order to preserve its fannishness.] As a rule, the fannish LJ gets new Velveteen material first, then the pro LJ, then (eventually) the Web site.
- Current Location:tired but happy
- Current Mood: cheerful
- Current Music:"Waltzing With Bears"